Monday 30 June 2014

June Favourites 2014

I've been thinking of doing my monthly favourites in blog form for a while and thought that this month I'd give it a go as I've recently noticed that each month i always have something new that i rave about during the entire month and more often than not i find myself loving them for a long time after. Whether that's beauty and fashion related or general life things such as food & drink or what I'm watching and even what I've been doing. I thought I'd share with you all what they are and why they have become a favourite of mine.
Admittedly on a few products i am late to the party on, some things i purchased a while ago and just haven't gotten round to using yet but now i have i truly haven't been disappointed on them and they have reached the expectations after i had read reviews or even watched videos about them on youtube.

The first thing I've been loving this month is "Soap & Glory Sugar Crush fresh & foamy body wash" which on this product i am very late to the party on!
This stuff is amazing. its extremely creamy and feels amazing on your skin, it lathers up really easily and doesn't dry out my skin at all. Due to it being so creamy it really feels like it moisturises your skin. Its the perfect body wash for the summer as it has a really unique citrus scent which is quite over powering but makes you feel very fresh, awake and ready for the day with its long lasting scent. Its Made with Lime oil, Coolcapsule X, Kiwi juice water and a skin softening omega-rich veggie oil so it really sinks into your skin leaving you to feel very smooth and soft.  I love the fact it has a pump which is much easier to use and the pump also locks which makes it even better. Soap & Glory really go all out on their packaging and really think it through which is something i love about them.  It's really inexpensive and i believe you can pick this up from boots or even on the soap & glory website. Really loving this product at the moment and really recommend you guys check it out, even if its just to go and give it a smell because that alone will win you over!

Keeping in line with Soap & Glory, to go along with their "Sugar Crush body wash" I have also been absolutely loving their "Sugar Crush Body Buttercream" With it being in their Sugar crush collection and made from the same things as their body wash it really is the perfect combination. I'm not one who constantly moisturises their body. I'm lucky that my skin doesn't dry out so haven't always felt the need to moisturise. However after smelling their body wash and realising they has the body buttercream in the exact same scent i was completely sold and ever since i have started using it my skin has become even softer, feels very smooth and fresh. If i am ever to use a moisturiser its usually quite a plan fragranced one which i don't really take too much notice on but with the weather getting so hot here in the UK now i want to be smelling amazing and fresh and not like a sweaty mess. I did think that maybe the combination would make the smell even more over powering and a bit too much  as their is a very strong sweet lime fragrance to it which is pretty much the main scent that you can smell but its just a perfect all round summer scent. I've noticed a big difference with my skin since using the both of these, they're very easy to use and it doesn't even take 5 minutes so there really isn't any excuses for not looking after your skin. So, Soap & Glory, thank you and i love you.


This next product has been a real life saver for me this month and i have fallen for it big time. 
Again, with the weather being so hot here in the UK its definitely time for the flip flops and sandals to be out so you want the nicest feet you could possibly have. I've had quiet a lot of hard dead skin on the heels of my feet recently and needed something that was going to smooth them and take that dead skin right off! The "Soap & Glory heel genius amazing foot cream marvel" has been amazing for what i need it to do! I put this on all over my feet after getting out of the bath and pop some nice fluffy socks on to allow it to soak into the skin over night and when i wake up my feet feel so smooth and are a lot nicer to look at! It doesn't have an over wheeling scent and to be honest i can't really describe it but does make them smell fresh and makes them look as good as feet can be. Again another amazing product from Soap & Glory. 


Since summer is here in the UK i don't really like to wear foundation unless its for an occasion. I find it too heavy for my skin and as i currently haven't found a BB cream that i like i have been using the "Nivea tinted moisturising day cream" in the colour "natural" its just a very light moisturising cream with a slight tint to it. It doesn't leave my skin blotchy which is what i find with most day creams so its been really nice to apply this each morning with just a little bit of concealer under the eyes and over any blemishes i may have just to brighten it up and smooth my skin a little. So until i find a nice BB cream i am very happy with this product and the results its gives me without having to put foundation on in this hot and sticky weather. 



It's very important to cleanse your face every night and make sure you have every little bit off make-up off! The "Garnier skin naturals micellar cleansing water" its amazing! For sensitive skin which removes make-up, cleanses and soothes with absolutely no rinsing involved at all! You just simply apply it to a cotton pad and rub it into your face, eyes and lips. Its completely fragrance free which is something i love about it and Leaves your skin feeling very clean and smooth ready for the next day. I've tried a lot of cleansers and none of them have had much of an effect on my skin and some have made my face very dry, this cleanser does everything it says it does and i highly recommend it. 



Face creams are something i find very difficult. Most leave me looking very red and blotchy which as any girl will know is something we do not want! I came across this "Johnson's baby soothing naturals intensive moisture cream" and thought i had nothing to lose and would give it a go. Probably the best decision I've make when it comes to face creams! I am aware its a baby cream but why should that matter?! I apply this every night after i have cleansed my face and it is amazing. It relieves dry skin and again makes your skin very smooth! I've also found that since i have been using this, every morning when i have gone to apply my make up it has applied a lot easier than it used to due to my skin not being ruff and dry! Loving this product!



For the first time in this favourites i have something this Isn't skin care related! I've been using this product for a while now and i absolutely love it as does most people who use it do! It really lives up to the hype. Maybelline the Falsies" really separates your eye lashes with its spoon curved applicator and gives your lashes a significant amount of length within the first coat. It doesn't leave your lashes clumpy, of course here and there you'll get a bit of residue which will cling onto a lash or two but it is very easily combed out. Has a long lasting effect and doesn't smudge, I love this mascara because you can get two different effects with it. for a more day to day casual look one single coat is perfect but for an evening look if you were to use a couple of coats it real gives a lot of volume to your lashes and can leave them looking very dramatic. Love the packaging and everything about this product. Again, i highly recommend this product! 



For the summer every girl will naturally want a nice glow in their face. I like to keep my make-up fairly simple in the summer and as I'm not too big on brightly coloured eye shadow i usually oped for a nice light pink coloured lip. whether that's a lipstick, lipliner or a nice lip gloss. I'm a huge fan of Tanya Burr and when i found out she was bringing out her own collection i was super excited! I've learnt a lot of tips from her after watching so many of her videos that if felt amazing to actually be wearing her products. I have her lipgloss in the shade "Afternoon tea" and my gosh it is so so beautiful. It's a beautiful light pink colour which is perfect for a simple make-up look. Very casual and all round beautiful. I love the applicator it comes with, very very easy to apply and what makes it even better is not just the sweet lovely smell but also the taste. I find it very hydrating for my lips and have been absolutely loving it since the moment i brought it. You can pick them up in super drug and she has many other beautiful coloured glosses and even has a nail polish collection. So guys, go and check them out. They're really inexpensive and a must for your make-up bag.


For my last favourites this is a fashion related one. I love this Dress for many reasons, It's colour and unique elegance and for the fact i found it at a boot fair and it cost me £1.50! As soon as i saw this dress i pretty much ran straight too it! The style is very me! Its a simple straight down with no flare black dress with a complimenting lace detailing on the neck line, around the bottoms of the arms and on the bottom of the dress it has the same lace going all the way around 3 times. The lace detailing around the neck has been put together by little flowers with a couple of tiny pearl buttons mashed in. For me this is a perfect summer dress. As i said in a previous blog post I'm not exactly very brave when it comes to colour. I wear black all the time but when i see white/cream detailing on a plain black dress like this one i completely fall in love with it. I'd wear this dress with a pair of ankle sandals. I wouldn't put any jewelry with it as i feel it would get lost within the beautiful detailing the dress already has. Not only is this the best bargain my wardrobe has ever seen its also a very pretty simple and elegant dress which could be worn on both casual and any evening occasion. Love love love this dress!


So there you have it, my June favourites. I hope you guys enjoyed this and if you have any suggestions based on the products i mentioned today then please leave a comment down below because i love hearing about new products and trying them out. 
I hope this was helpful to those of you who are curious about the products i mentioned.
I really enjoyed doing this so I'm excited to try and attempted to do one every month. 

Miss Tilly xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment