Sunday 12 June 2016

BROWN WINGED LINER & MASCARA

I'm a massive fan of winged liner. Since the age of 16 (which is almost 8 years) I have achieved this eye look everyday. I've never gotten bored of the way it looks. I find a nice winged liner really compliments the shape of my eyes and allows my eye colour to pop. 
I've only ever really stuck to one eyeliner product. Which is Rimmel's liquid eyeliner in extreme black. I've lost count of the amount of times I've re-purchased that product. It lasts all day and is incredibly easy to apply. After 8 years its never failed me and I've naturally become very used to using it. As I love wearing this eye look day in day out I've wanted to find a nice eyeliner that is more subtle and more natural looking. Something I can wear on days where I want it to be less harsh. Particularly in the warmer months. Looking for a decent affordable brown eyeliner has been quite the task. Apparently Rimmels liquid eyeliner in brown is now discontinued (which is slightly heartbreaking as it would have been the best solution) 
After hunting high and low online I finally came across the maybelline gel liner in a nice shade of brown. I've never used a gel liner before so I'm looking forward to trying out something completely different to what I'm used too. The product comes in a little screw cap pot. Along side with a cute little double ended brush. One side for applying and getting a really good precision line being able to create a good winged liner and the other end is for smudging out the product. All depending on what sort of eye look you're looking to create. You can of course also use any other brush you may have that works better for you. (I like to use my Zoeva winged liner brush from the rose gold collection)
 I also managed to find the maybelline less sensational mascara in brown, which I was really excited about as I seem to reach for that mascara in black on a daily basis at the moment. It's a brilliant affordable mascara which gives a lot of length and volume to the lashes. 
I'm really looking forward to trying these two products out together and separately. Hoping to achieve a more subtle/natural look. Especially around the warmer months as I feel it would look and feel a lot lighter. 

Miss Tilly xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment