Friday 20 February 2015

The Perfect Cut-Out Boots

I've been looking for a pair of really nice cut-out boots for a while now and nothing seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for. I wanted them to be subtle, to go with everything and of course to be comfortable. I found a lot of the ones I stumbled across had too many cut outs meaning they'd go all the way down just before the tips of your toes. What I was looking for were some subtle cut outs around the ankles so I could put the gazillion pairs of Topshop frilly socks I have to use by showing them off and looking all cute. 
I'm a girl who is extremely guilty of constantly wearing the same ol' plimsolls day in, day out. 
There comfortable, easy to walk in and go with any outfit. They're practical. 
However, even I am getting so bored of not widening my shoe collection. To be honest I have about 5 pairs of shoes in total because I'm not a huge shoe lover. But, when I do find a pair of shoes that I fall in love with and find myself imagining them with several different outfits I kinda obsess over them and have to purchase them. 
And these Cut out boots from Boohoo definitely grabbed my heart. 
These beautiful black cut-out boots are Suedette (either made from cotton or rayon but has a suede texture to them) with two beautiful classy golden buckles on the side. Between both buckles they're cut out and the same applies on the other side meaning you can see straight through. Extremely practical gold zip on the back which makes it so easy to put them on without fiddling around adjusting the buckles to fit you properly around the ankles. They have a very chunky heel which to be honest was a higher heel then I expected but because they're so chunky they're incredibly easy to walk in and oh my gosh they're the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned. I feel like these really are gonna help me come of of my comfort zone and add a bit more to my outfits. 
I always get really scared by heels. Will the suit me? Can I walk in them? Will I look like a 5 year old whose rummaged around her mothers wardrobe?

These boots are both formal and casual.
Pair them up with a cute pair of frilly socks from Topshop with some nice tights and an oversized knitted jumper in the colder seasons and bare legs with a flattering skater dress in the warmer seasons and you're pretty much good to go. 

These tick every box for me. And I'm so happy to have them in my life.
Really inexpensive at just £35. A complete bargain for a fantastically made pair of shoes. 
I really can see these being a massive staple in my wardrobe and I for sure will be wearing them at every opportunity get. 











6 comments:

  1. I love these kind of shoes! Sooooo pretty, I've never seen anyone where them with socks though so this is new but I think it looks awesome!

    Ffion
    asouthwalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they're beautiful, like I literally have fallen in love with them.
      I really like the idea of the socks peeping through the cut outs, gives them a burst of colour and something a bit different. Think its easier to get away with as the cut-outs are higher up on the boots instead of them being by your toes :')

      Miss Tilly xo

      Delete
  2. I loove these shoes so happy I found them I just used to see people wearing them and I couldn't ask but thank goodness for bloggers and great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're beautiful aren't they. Was so happy when I found them. Literally exactly what I was looking for.
      Haha the power of bloggers is incredible :') find so many amazing things thanks to them!

      Thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. The cut out detailing is so cute and is definitely what I'm loving at the moment, and those socks are adorable :) Great purcahses! x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, cut out detailing is such a good idea, especially when you own cute socks like the ones shown on this post. An amazing way to add a pop of colour through the cut outs and something a little different which looks super cute.

      Thank you for your comment, I love the style of your blog. xx

      Delete