Sunday 1 February 2015

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory | The Musical



My beautiful Mum got me tickets to see 
in London on Monday 26th January. 
After me saying a fair few times that I really wanted to see it she actually took notice and treated me to the tickets for Christmas. 
Safe to say when I received this gift I was so stupidly excited that I wanted to go there and then. 
However, it was 110% worth the wait. 
For these simples reasons.

Quality time with my Mum.
Night at a hotel in London (5 minute walks from the theatre)
A lovely meal out 
Casual walk round London
Shopping
And of course, the main reason, the show. 

I'm a huge fan of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The remake which came out when I was back in school become that film that I continuously watched whenever i was feeling rubbish and needed a boost. For some reason it always cheered me up. I could never pin point why that film always cheered me up, what does it even matter? Why does something that makes you feel happy, have to be justified? 
However, I guess there are 3 reasons that, just make sense. 
Johnny Depp
Ompa Lumpas 
Chocolate. 

I've been so curious for so long at how they could bring such a huge film with so many important, curial elements to it to the stage.
For example, 
The Factory. How would they make it feel like you were in Willy Wonka's Factory?
How would they make you feel like you were in The Buckets dinky little household with 4 Grandparents, Mum, Dad and Charlie?
The Ompa Lumpas? How would they get a mass amount of Ompa Lumpas? How would they look? How would they give you the illusion of them being tiny?
How would they introduce the Golden Ticket winners? 

I don't want to give anything away or even spoil it for those who want to or are going to see it.
So i'm not going to go into an detail of how they did it and what happened etc but let me tell you, 
you won't be disappointed. 
The songs were catchy with their own twists to the originals, the sets were insane and the cast was absolutely brilliant. It was a pleasure to watch such an amazing show. 
And for two hours of my life, be in a world of "pure imagination" 
It was all round Incredible and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to go back and watch it again.

Oh, and I obviously had to get myself a little souvenir, just a little something to remind me of such an amazing experience.



Miss Tilly xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment