Sunday 18 January 2015

"Home is not just a place. 
It's whatever there is in your life 
that stops you feeling alone"



I recently watched a British Drama television series which was aired before Christmas called "The missing"
The series was absolutely amazing and I was so hooked to it from the moment it began. 
For those of you who don't know what it is about, 
Its about a young boy, aged 5 who got taken away from his parents in a small town in France on their holiday. 
The series was so intense and every episode was worth watching. 
I would lay in bed and watch them in the evening, trying to limit myself to one a night as i had work the next day but it didn't really pan out that way. 
Admittedly the ending wasn't has good as I'd hoped. 
Don't get me wrong, it was good. But with a show that is so intense and has you completely hooked you kinda expect more.
There was a scene in the last episode, after they found out what had happened to their boy.
The father and a retired french detective who were both put in charge of leading the case were sat in the car talking. 
The father was saying how he didn't know what home was anymore, after 6 years of trying to find his son and to understand what had happened he'd lost touch and sight with what used to be. 
The detective gracefully turned to him and said 
"Home is not just a place. It's whatever there is in your life that stops you feeling alone"

I don't know why but something in me kinda fell in love with that saying. 
Everyone naturally thinks that their home is where you live.
Where your bed is, your cosy living room and a place where you cook meals, relax & be happy etc But if you think about it. That's not necessarily true. 
Home really is a place where you don't feel lonely, or yourself or even happy. 
Just because you call your house a home, doesn't mean that, that is what is it. 
I don't know why I took such a shine to the saying, I guess it made me think about how lucky I am to have a home where i feel content and loved.
 But more importantly know where in the world that place is. 
One day it could have a completely different meaning and throughout different adventures and genuinely living through life you could find somewhere which feels even more like a home. (Which to be honest is a scary, yet exciting thought.) 
But for now its so comforting to know that, i know, where that place is.



Hope you enjoyed todays blog.
Miss Tilly xo














No comments:

Post a Comment